Monday, June 1, 2015

Goal Setting (Structured Empowerment)



If you've known me for a while, you will know that I have set some ridiculous "goals".  I had this perception that if I just continued shooting higher and higher, I would eventually get the things that I was asking for.  I believe in the manifestation powers of creation, and I was just putting my desires out there.  What was often missing was specificity.

Setting specific, quantifiable goals is the key to achieving real results.

For instance, in the past I set the goal of being a professional mountain biker.  I trained and raced with passion and intensity.  However,  I did not target events, I did not structure my training, and I did not define what being a professional racer actually meant for me.  And, if I quantify that goal as receiving monetary compensation for bike racing, then I was successful.  I won money in bike races, and I raced in the "pro/open" category.  Now, was I a real, full time pro with sponsorship deals and a race budget?  Would other bike racers consider me a pro?  Definitely not.  So what happened?  My goal was too vague.  It is hard to measure my success in this endeavor, because I did not define it in the first place.

It's so easy to set vague goals like "I want to make more money".  Well certainly that has come true.  I will definitely continue to make "more money".  The question is, how much do I require to fulfill my dreams?  How do I want to earn the money?  When do I want to earn it by?

With these thoughts in mind, I've decided to be more efficient with my goal setting.  I am creating short term, medium term and long term goals.  They are clear and quantifiable.

Here are a couple of them...

Give thanks for my the great wealth and abundance in my life.  Every day.

Take a road trip to the Northwest with Lindsay.  See and photograph Orcas.

Book my first solo Art show "Spirit Animal Guides".

Generate a Five Figure, consistent monthly income by the end of 2015.

Take every action with Love (not fear)

I could go on and on with this, but I am planning to post my bucket list, and to encourage others to do the same, so I'll save that content for next time.  I'm interested to see what everybody is working towards!

All the best,

Alec

5 steps to Success Online:
http://thesfm.com/alecfallehamilton?t=FB1

Tony Robbins Goal Setting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wAO2qWFgmI

The latest from my Artist Website:
www.alecfallehamilton.com



No comments:

Post a Comment